Certificate of residence in French Polynesia

If you live in French Polynesia you may occasionally need to produce a certificate of residence. An embassy or consulate can draw up this document for you. You can for instance apply for your certificate of residence at the Dutch embassy in Wellington.

When do you need a certificate of residence?

A certificate of residence allows you to prove your place of residence abroad. You need this document:

  • in connection with various tax and social security contributions
  • when renewing your driving licence
  • when applying for a passport or national identity card at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport or (where applicable) at Dutch border municipalities

What documents do you need?

You need the following documents in order to apply for a certificate of residence:

  • a document showing that you have the permission of the local authorities to reside in the country where you are applying – for example, a residence permit (this is not required if you live in the EU)
  • proof that you have Dutch nationality. This may be any one of the following documents:
    • a Dutch passport
    • a Dutch national identity card
    • a certificate of Dutch nationality

Certificate of residence in this country or region

There is no additional information.