Netherlands embassy in Addis Ababa
- Henk Jan Bakker
Old Airport Zone
Kifle Ketema - Lideta
P.O. Box 1241
+251 113 170 360
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
For questions about consular matters such as passport, visa or MVV applications you can use the online contactform.
- Opening hours
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 - 17:00 hours
Friday: 8:00 - 14:00 hours
Check the days on which the embassy is closed.
Contact details for Consular Section
- Opening hours
Coronavirus / Covid19: please keep in mind that you cannot apply for everything yet. Or that there are fewer appointment slots available.
Monday until Friday: 8:30 - 12:30 hours.
For all consular services an appointment is required, unless otherwise indicated below.
Applicants who do not speak the local language Amharic or English are requested to come with their interpreter.
Short-stay Schengen visa and Dutch Caribbean visa applications
Visa applications are processed by VFS Global. Please visit the Visa Application Centre website to make an appointment.
Passports, ID cards, legalisations of signature Dutch citizen and MVV applications
Make an appointment via our online appointment system.
Check the status of your passport or ID card application.
Consular declarations (residence, marital status, Dutch nationality etc.)
Read the page Applying for consular declarations for more information.
MVV family reunification after asylum
- MVV application: please make an appointment online
- Documents: please go to the page MVV application to find out which documents you should bring to your appointment
- Collecting your MVV: You will receive a collection slip for collecting your MVV. On your slip a collection day and time is mentioned. Please only show up on the day / time mentioned. Do not make an appointment.
- Pass permit: please check the page MVV application for more information on how to apply for a pass permit.
Civic integration exam abroad
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
Emergency travel documents
Please send an email to email@example.com to make an appointment.
Collection of documents (no appointment needed)
Monday until Thursday: 14:00 - 15:30 hours.
Friday: 11:00 - 12:30 hours.
You can ask your question:
- by phone: +251 113 170 360. If you are calling from the Netherlands, call +31 247 247 247.
- via WhatsApp. Click here to send us a WhatsApp message. Or add our number +316 8238 8055 to the contacts list on your smartphone and then send a message.
- via the contact form.
Do you have a question for the economic department? Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Time difference with the Netherlands
Summer time: +1 hour / Winter time: +2 hours