Netherlands Worldwide

Working in Singapore

If you want to work in Singapore, check whether you will need a visa or work permit. You should also look at what will happen if you lose your job or are unable to work due to sickness or disability.

Information regarding the application for a LTVP unmarried partner

For the application of a Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP) the ICA requires a declaration of a common-law relationship, or a declaration of marital status.

The term "common-law relationship" is often associated with a civil partnership, but one can only speak of a common-law relationship if it is a legally recognized and regulated form of cohabitation between two people. Marriage and civil partnership are legally recognized in the Netherlands and are controlled forms of cohabitation between two people, a cohabitation agreement unfortunately is not. The law has no special rules for the form and content of a cohabitation agreement.

Therefore the Embassy can only confirm your relationship in a declaration of marital status when proof of a registered partnership or marriage can be provided. Unfortunately we can not provide a declaration of marital status for couples who have a civil partnership or were living together in the Netherlands.