You don’t need a Schengen visa for the Netherlands if you live in Slovenia. If you don’t live in Slovenia, find out what to do.
I live in Slovenia
You don’t need a Schengen visa for the Netherlands if:
- you are a Slovenian national
- you live in Slovenia and have a valid Slovenian residence permit
- you are in Slovenia and already have a valid Schengen visa
You will need other documents to travel to the Netherlands. The checklist for travelling to the Netherlands tells you which documents you need and what goods you can and cannot bring with you.
I don’t live in Slovenia
What you can do depends on your situation.
If you are in Slovenia and need a Schengen visa for the Netherlands for one of the following situations, you can apply for this visa at the Common Application Centre in Ljubljana:
- You didn’t need a visa for Slovenia but do need one for the Netherlands. You have to travel to the Netherlands on short notice and didn’t know this when you travelled to Slovenia.
- Your Schengen visa has expired or almost expired but you must urgently travel to the Netherlands, for example for medical reasons or following the death of a family member.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.