You don’t need a Schengen visa for the Netherlands if you live in San Marino. If you don’t live in San Marino, find out what to do.
I live in San Marino
You don’t need a Schengen visa for the Netherlands if:
- you are a San Marinese national
- you live in San Marino and have a valid San Marinese residence permit
- you are in San Marino and already have a valid Schengen visa
You will need other documents to travel to the Netherlands. The checklist for travelling to the Netherlands tells you which documents you need and what goods you can and cannot bring with you.
I don’t live in San Marino
What you can do depends on your situation.
If you are in San Marino and need a Schengen visa for the Netherlands for one of the following situations, you can apply for this visa at the embassy of Luxembourg in Rome, Italy:
- You didn’t need a visa for San Marino but do need one for the Netherlands. You have to travel to the Netherlands on short notice and didn’t know this when you travelled to San Marino.
- Your Schengen visa has expired or almost expired but you must urgently travel to the Netherlands, for example for medical reasons or following the death of a family member.
Find out how to apply for a Schengen visa for the Netherlands at the embassy of Luxembourg (information in Italian)
If you are in San Marino and your Dutch residence permit has been lost or stolen, or has expired, and you need a visa to return to the Netherlands, you cannot apply in San Marino. You will need to go to the Netherlands embassy in Rome, Italy.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.