You don’t need a Schengen visa for the Netherlands if you live in Norway. If you don’t live in Norway, find out what to do.
I live in Norway
You don’t need a Schengen visa for the Netherlands if:
- you are a Norwegian national
- you live in Norway and have a valid Norwegian residence permit
- you are in Norway and already have a valid Schengen visa
You will need other documents to travel to the Netherlands. The checklist for travelling to the Netherlands tells you which documents you need and what goods you can and cannot bring with you.
I don’t live in Norway
What you can do depends on your situation.
If you are in Norway and need a Schengen visa for the Netherlands for one of the following situations, you can apply for this visa at the Netherlands embassy in Stockholm, Sweden:
- You didn’t need a visa for Norway but do need one for the Netherlands. You have to travel to the Netherlands on short notice and didn’t know this when you travelled to Norway.
- Your Schengen visa has expired or almost expired but you must urgently travel to the Netherlands, for example for medical reasons or following the death of a family member.
If you are in Norway and your Dutch residence permit has been lost or stolen, or has expired, and you need a visa to return to the Netherlands, you cannot apply in Norway. You will need to go to the Netherlands embassy in Stockholm, Sweden.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.