You don’t need a Schengen visa for the Netherlands if you live in Luxembourg. If you don’t live in Luxembourg, find out what to do.
I live in Luxembourg
You don’t need a Schengen visa for the Netherlands if:
- you are a national of Luxembourg
- you live in Luxembourg and have a valid residence permit for Luxembourg
- you are in Luxembourg and already have a valid Schengen visa
You will need other documents to travel to the Netherlands. The checklist for travelling to the Netherlands tells you which documents you need and what goods you can and cannot bring with you.
I don’t live in Luxembourg
What you can do depends on your situation.
If you are in Luxembourg and need a Schengen visa for the Netherlands for one of the following situations, you can apply for this visa at the embassy of Luxembourg in Brussels, Belgium:
- You didn’t need a visa for Luxembourg but do need one for the Netherlands. You have to travel to the Netherlands on short notice and didn’t know this when you travelled to Luxembourg.
- Your Schengen visa has expired or almost expired but you must urgently travel to the Netherlands, for example for medical reasons or following the death of a family member.
Find out how to apply for a Schengen visa for the Netherlands at the embassy of Luxembourg (information in French)
If you are in Luxembourg and your Dutch residence permit has been lost or stolen, or has expired, and you need a visa to return to the Netherlands, find out how to apply for an entry visa in Luxembourg.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.