You don’t need a Schengen visa for the Netherlands if you live in Liechtenstein. If you don’t live in Liechtenstein, find out what to do.
I live in Liechtenstein
You don’t need a Schengen visa for the Netherlands if:
- you are a national of Liechtenstein
- you live in Liechtenstein and have a valid residence permit for Liechtenstein
- you are in Liechtenstein and already have a valid Schengen visa
You will need other documents to travel to the Netherlands. The checklist for travelling to the Netherlands tells you which documents you need and what goods you can and cannot bring with you.
I don’t live in Liechtenstein
What you can do depends on your situation.
If you are in Liechtenstein and need a Schengen visa for the Netherlands for one of the following situations, you can apply for this visa at the embassy of Luxembourg in Bern, Switzerland:
- You didn’t need a visa for Liechtenstein but do need one for the Netherlands. You have to travel to the Netherlands on short notice and didn’t know this when you travelled to Liechtenstein.
- Your Schengen visa has expired or almost expired but you must urgently travel to the Netherlands, for example for medical reasons or following the death of a family member.
Find out how to apply for a Schengen visa for the Netherlands at the embassy of Luxembourg (information in German)
If you are in Liechtenstein and your Dutch residence permit has been lost or stolen, or has expired, and you need a visa to return to the Netherlands, you cannot apply in Liechtenstein. You will need to go to the Netherlands embassy in Bern, Switzerland.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.