Applying for a Schengen visa for the Netherlands in Italy
You don’t need a Schengen visa for the Netherlands if you live in Italy. If you don’t live in Italy, find out what to do.
I live in Italy
You don’t need a Schengen visa for the Netherlands if:
- you are an Italian national
- you live in Italy and have a valid Italian residence permit
- you are in Italy and already have a valid Schengen visa
You will need other documents to travel to the Netherlands. The checklist for travelling to the Netherlands tells you which documents you need and what goods you can and cannot bring with you.
Check what you need to travel to the Netherlands
I don’t live in Italy
What you can do depends on your situation.
If you are in Italy and need a Schengen visa for the Netherlands for one of the following situations, you can apply for this visa at the embassy of Luxembourg in Rome:
- You didn’t need a visa for Italy but do need one for the Netherlands. You have to travel to the Netherlands on short notice and didn’t know this when you travelled to Italy.
- Your Schengen visa has expired or almost expired but you must urgently travel to the Netherlands, for example for medical reasons or following the death of a family member.
Find out how to apply for a Schengen visa for the Netherlands at the embassy of Luxembourg (information in Italian)
If you are in Italy and your Dutch residence permit has been lost or stolen, or has expired, and you need a visa to return to the Netherlands, find out how to apply for an entry visa in Italy.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.