You don’t need a Schengen visa for the Netherlands if you live in Austria. If you don’t live in Austria, find out what to do.
I live in Austria
You don’t need a Schengen visa for the Netherlands if:
- you are an Austrian national
- you live in Austria and have a valid Austrian residence permit
- you are in Austria and already have a valid Schengen visa
You will need other documents to travel to the Netherlands. The checklist for travelling to the Netherlands tells you which documents you need and what goods you can and cannot bring with you.
I don’t live in Austria
What you can do depends on your situation.
If you are in Austria and need a Schengen visa for the Netherlands for one of the following situations, you can apply for this visa at the embassy of Luxembourg in Vienna:
- You didn’t need a visa for Austria but do need one for the Netherlands. You have to travel to the Netherlands on short notice and didn’t know this when you travelled to Austria.
- Your Schengen visa has expired or almost expired but you must urgently travel to the Netherlands, for example for medical reasons or following the death of a family member.
Find out how to apply for a Schengen visa for the Netherlands at the embassy of Luxembourg (information in German)
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.