Netherlands Worldwide

Getting a photocopy of your identity document legalised

If you are a Dutch national abroad you can have a photocopy of your Dutch identity document legalised at a Dutch embassy or consulate-general. It will be marked ‘certified true copy’ or ‘copy matches original’. You can only get a photocopy of your own identity document legalised and you will have to apply for it in person.

How do I make an appointment?

Choose your country or territory and find out how to make an appointment with an embassy or consulate in your area.

Is your country or area not listed? We are happy to help you. Contact us.

How much will it cost?

For information about the fee for getting a photocopy of your identity document legalised, see the overview of consular fees.

What to bring with you

  • A valid Dutch passport or Dutch ID card.
  • Your Dutch driving licence if you need a legalised photocopy of it.
  • If you need a legalised photocopy of your child’s identity document, your child must come with you to the embassy or consulate-general. You must also bring proof that you have parental responsibility for the child.

See also