Working in Sweden

Are you going to work in Sweden? As a Dutch national you do not need a visa or work permit.

For support with finding work in Sweden we refer to the Swedish Employment office, Arbetsförmedlingen. You can also contact a local EURES advisor in Sweden. General information about working and job searching in the EU is available through The European Job Mobility Portal.

It is of course also possible to look for jobs through numerous online platforms. An extended overview of the largest and most important websites is available on In addition, jobs which do not require a knowledge of the Swedish language can be found on The Swedish Wire and The Local Sweden.

Further useful information is available on

Posting of foreign workers in Sweden
An employer can send their employees to another EU country for a temporary assignment. Such employees then work under the terms of employment of that country. More information about this is available on Your Europe.

You can visit the website of The Swedish Work Environment Authority for more information about the Swedish rules regarding temporarily posting of employees. Bear in mind that the employer is obliged to inform this authority when sending an employee to Sweden, unless such a trip is less than six days.

Unemployment, sickness or incapacity for work when abroad
On the website of the Dutch Employment Insurance Agency (UWV) you can read about what the implications are if you work abroad and lose your job, get sick or are unable to work