Consulate-General in Bangalore
Read more about the various offices within the Consulate General in Bangalore:
- Economic and Trade department
- Innovation Attaché (Holland Innovation Network)
- Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency (NFIA)
- Nuffic NESO (Netherlands Education Support Office) India
Economic and Trade department
The Economic and Trade department assists small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and consortia from the Netherlands in doing business in southern India.
- Identifying partners for trade (distributors, retailers), joint ventures or manufacturing (the south of India is increasingly becoming the supply hub to the entire country and in some cases even to the entire South Asian market).
- Assisting with setting up offices in India. We liaise with the State Government on behalf of Dutch companies to facilitate their entry into South India.
- Representing consortia in the priority sectors Agriculture (including horticulture and dairy), Water, Life Sciences & Health, Infrastructure (including Smart Cities), Logistics, High-Tech and Energy.
- Identifying tender-driven Indian Government and semi-government projects for potential Dutch participation.
- Assisting in finding Indian partners for cooperation.
- Organizing large and small trade missions with tailor-made programmes and individual company matchmaking.
- Informing Dutch companies on business opportunities in the States of Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu.
- Conducting Business Partner Scans (BPS) for Dutch companies preparing to go international but unsure of what to expect in India. The BPS service helps prepare for their internationalization to India; a subsequent visit ensures the company having meetings with potential partners in India.
Phone Number: +9180 23098101
Innovation Attaché (Holland Innovation Network)
The office of the Holland Innovation Network in Bangalore focuses on innovation, technology and scientific collaboration between India and the Netherlands. We facilitate matchmaking, answer questions about R&D developments and present initiatives for collaboration between companies, research institutes and government. To inform the Dutch R&D community we publish articles about developments in India and opportunities for the Dutch innovation ecosystem. We also organize seminars and workshops to bring together experts from both the countries. Our focus areas are Life Sciences & Health, High-Tech Systems & Maritime and Water & Maritime. The Holland Innovation Network reports to the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO.nl) and the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs.
Phone Number: +9180 23098102
Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency (NFIA)
The Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency (NFIA) is the Foreign Direct Investment arm of the Ministry of Economic Affairs. In its forty years of existence, NFIA has been actively promoting the Netherlands as a basis for international/European activities and assisting foreign companies to set up their EU operations in the Netherlands.
NFIA provides companies with a range of basic information; economic, financial and statistical; assistance in organizing fact-finding trips and site selection studies, and general consultation. We can also answer questions about government incentive policies. Some examples of Indian companies successfully assisted by NFIA are Infosys, TCS, Wipro and Jet Airways. NFIA works across all sectors and organization sizes.
Phone Number: +9180 23098103
Nuffic NESO (Netherlands Education Support Office) India
Nuffic is the Dutch organization for internationalization in the Dutch education sector. With offices in The Hague and 11 countries around the world, Nuffic strives for every student to gain international experience.
Nuffic NESO India is responsible for facilitating and strengthening student mobility and research collaboration. It acts as a bridge between India and Netherlands in the following ways:
- Informing Indian students about Study in Holland through educational fairs, colleges, universities and school visits.
- Organizing virtual fairs and webinars with Dutch institutes to answer Indian students’ queries.
- Organizing study tours to India for Dutch secondary schools.
- Supporting and facilitating university cooperation.
- Counselling Indian students and parents wishing to learn more about studying in the Netherlands.
- Organizing pre-departure briefings for Indian students going to the Netherlands.
- Conducting market research to understand education market trends and advising Indian and Dutch institutes on potential cooperation.
- Offering tailor-made services for educational institutes.
- Strengthening ties of Indian alumni with the Netherlands, creating a global community of ambassadors for the Netherlands.
- Promoting scholarships offered by the Dutch government, such as the Holland Scholarship, Orange Tulip Scholarship and Orange Knowledge Programme.
- Being part of Living Lab, which provides a bilateral platform between the Netherlands and India, connecting companies, public organizations and higher education institutions.
Phone Number: +9180 23098106