Taking a deceased person out of the Netherlands

Do you wish to transport the body of a deceased person from the Netherlands to a foreign country? To do this, you need transportation authorisation from the municipality where the person died. This is called a laissez-passer. In most cases, the funeral director submits the application for you.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Transportation of deceased (laissez-passer)

With a laissez-passer (permission for transport) you can have a deceased person transported abroad. The municipality where the person died must approve this transport. The laissez-passer bears the name of the deceased and the destination.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Hilversum

Last updated on 26 September 2022