Netherlands Worldwide

Registering with the municipality in the Netherlands

Do you intend to live in the Netherlands for more than 4 months? Then you must register in the Personal Records Database (Basisregistratie Personen – BRP). You can do this at the municipality where you intend to live.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Moving to the Netherlands

You must inform us of your move to the Netherlands in person. You must make an appointment to do this.

Please choose an option: 

  1. 'Vestiging uit Buitenland (niet eerder in NL)' if you have not lived in the Netherlands before
  2. 'Vestiging uit Buitenland (eerder in NL)' if you have lived in the Netherlands before

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Woerden

Visiting address