Registering a stillborn baby in the Netherlands

A stillbirth is registered with the municipality in which the child was born. The municipality then issues a birth certificate (geboorteakte) for a stillbirth. It does not matter how long the pregnancy lasted.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Registering a stillbirth

If your child was stillborn, you can register your child in the BRP. You can make an appointment for this with the municipality via or telephone number 14-0348.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Oudewater

Visiting address

Last updated on 27 September 2022