Netherlands Worldwide

Registering a stillborn baby in the Netherlands

A stillbirth is registered with the municipality in which the child was born. The municipality then issues a birth certificate (geboorteakte) for a stillbirth. It does not matter how long the pregnancy lasted.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Registering a stillborn baby with the municipality

Your child was born lifeless or has lived for a short time. You must declare this in the municipality where your child was born. You do this before the funeral or cremation.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Culemborg

Visiting address

Last updated on 27 September 2022