Netherlands Worldwide

Registering the ending of a civil partnership in the civil registry in the Netherlands

Have you had your civil partnership ended by a lawyer or notary? Then they will register the final order (Akte ontbinding van geregistreerd partnerschap) with the civil registry (burgerlijke stand). Have you had your civil partnership ended by a court? Then the court will have the final order registered with the civil registry.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Ending Registered Partnership

The notary or lawyer sends your request to the municipality where the partnership took place. 

Has the municipality registered the request in the registers of civil status?

Only then is your partnership terminated.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Wijk bij Duurstede