Netherlands Worldwide

Registering the ending of a civil partnership in the civil registry in the Netherlands

Have you had your civil partnership ended by a lawyer or notary? Then they will register the final order (Akte ontbinding van geregistreerd partnerschap) with the civil registry (burgerlijke stand). Have you had your civil partnership ended by a court? Then the court will have the final order registered with the civil registry.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:
The Municipality of Groningen does not provide the product dissolution registered partnership. The 'divorce' must be arranged with an attorney, notary or court. They will then send the details to the municipality. The municipality will then register them. The divorce is also processed in the basic register of persons.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Groningen