Registering a civil partnership in the Netherlands

Do you want to form a civil partnership? If so, you must first notify the municipality. You must do this at least 2 weeks and a maximum of 1 year before you want to form the civil partnership.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Municipality of Epe: Registering a civil partnership

You will make a number of choices when planning to enter into a civil partnership. And in advance of the date, you will need to register your intended civil partnership with the municipality. You will decide what type of ceremony you want to have, and will choose the venue. The costs involved depend on your wishes and the options available in the municipality of Epe.


The ceremony is the official part of entering into your civil partnership. You can choose to have:

  • no ceremony (free of charge);
  • a simple ceremony;
  • an elaborate ceremony.

If you choose an elaborate ceremony, you can choose who conducts the ceremony. You can choose:

  • a municipal wedding registrar;
  • a family member or acquaintance.

If you choose a municipal wedding registrar, a registrar from the municipality of Epe will contact you a few weeks before the planned date to introduce themselves and find out more about you and your partner.

Do you want a family member, friend or acquaintance to conduct the ceremony? If so, you must contact the municipality yourself.

Gemeente Epe
Postbus 600
8160 AP Epe 

Ceremony venue

You can hold the ceremony to enter into your civil partnership at various locations in the municipality of Epe. You can choose:

  • a municipal building;
  • a venue of your own choice.

If you want to hold the ceremony at a venue of your choice, contact the municipality. 

Gemeente Epe
Postbus 600
8160 AP Epe


Contact details are not yet available for your municipality.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Public Information Service

Last updated on 21 September 2022