Notifying the municipality when you move home
Are you moving home within the Netherlands? If so, notify the new municipality where you are going to live of your move. The new municipality will register you at your new address. You do not need to deregister from your old municipality.
The move can be notified by:
- anyone aged 16 or older;
- cohabiting spouses / civil partners on behalf of each other;
- the parent, guardian or caregiver on behalf of minor children;
- parents on behalf of adult children living with them;
- adult children on behalf of parents living with them;
- the conservator on behalf of a person placed under a conservatorship;
- an authorised representative.
You must notify the new municipality where you are going to live that you are moving home. You must inform it of your new address no later than 4 weeks before the moving date, or within 5 days after the moving date.
Contact your new municipality for more information.
This is how it works for you
Here is some information from your municipality.
Municipality of Hoorn: Notifying the municipality when you move home
Are you moving to or within Hoorn? Report this no later than 5 working days after your move. This is also possible before your move. Are you moving to another municipality? Then you only have to inform the municipality where you are going to live.
It is free to notify a move.
If all information is correct, your move will be processed within 5 working days after the move date. Once your move has been processed, you will receive a relocation ticket as confirmation.
Questions about this topic?
Contact the Municipality of Hoorn