Notifying the municipality when you move home
Are you moving home within the Netherlands? If so, notify the new municipality where you are going to live of your move. The new municipality will register you at your new address. You do not need to deregister from your old municipality.
The move can be notified by:
- anyone aged 16 or older;
- cohabiting spouses / civil partners on behalf of each other;
- the parent, guardian or caregiver on behalf of minor children;
- parents on behalf of adult children living with them;
- adult children on behalf of parents living with them;
- the conservator on behalf of a person placed under a conservatorship;
- an authorised representative.
You must notify the new municipality where you are going to live that you are moving home. You must inform it of your new address no later than 4 weeks before the moving date, or within 5 days after the moving date.
Contact your new municipality for more information.
This is how it works for you
Here is some information from your municipality.
Municipality of Hoogeveen: Notifying the municipality when you move home
Please note: you can notify the municipality when you move house only if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.
Providing notification of your move
You can notify us of your moving online via DigiD.
- When all the persons registered at one address are moving along with you, 1 person is allowed to report this. This also applies to parents and their adult children and for spouses or registered civil partners.
- The changing of your address is made valid on the moving date set by you. If you notify us of your moving later than 5 days after your moving your address change will be made valid on the day of your notification. Are you moving to a different municipality than De Wolden? Your old municipality will automatically deregister you.
- If you give the municipality wrong information you might be fined.
It is possible to authorise someone else to notify us of your moving. The authorised party will need the following documents:
- Signed letter of authorisation.
- Valid ID-card or passport.
- Your valid ID-card or passport. A copy is also allowed.
- The rental lease or purchase contract.
Living together or living-in
Are you moving in together? Are you moving in with someone who's already living there? Make sure to notify the municipality. You will need the following documents:
- Written statement by the main resident.
- Valid proof of ID (ID-card or passport) of the main resident.
- Your valid ID-card and passport.
It is free to notify us of a move.
Questions about this topic?
Contact the Municipality of Hoogeveen
9:00 - 17:00
9:00 - 17:00
9:00 - 17:00
9:00 - 20:00
9:00 - 13:00