Netherlands Worldwide

Notifying the municipality when you move home

Are you moving home within the Netherlands? If so, notify the new municipality where you are going to live of your move. The new municipality will register you at your new address. You do not need to deregister from your old municipality.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Municipality of Arnhem: Notifying the municipality when you move home

You can only report a change of address if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

 If you are late with reporting, this will have consequences for, for example, housing benefit, student grants or your parking permit.

Reporting a change of address

Online, with DigiD

Report your change of address online.  You need a DigiD for this.

In writing

You can also report your change of address in writing. You can print the change of address form (pdf, 93 kB), fill it in and send it to the following address, with a copy of your proof of ID: Gemeente Arnhem, afdeling Burgerzaken, Postbus 9029, 6800 EL Arnhem.

At the counter

You can also make an appointment to report your change of address at the counter. Please make an appointment. Select 'Relocating within the municipality' or 'Moving to the municipality'.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Arnhem

Visiting address

Last updated on 22 September 2022