Netherlands Worldwide

Deregistering from the municipality in the event of a long stay outside the Netherlands

Are you going to live outside the Netherlands for at least 8 months in 1 year? If so, you must deregister from the Personal Records Database (Basisregistratie Personen – BRP). The BRP contains your personal data, such as your name, gender and date of birth. You can deregister from the BRP through the municipality where you live. 

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.


Are you moving abroad? Or do you expect to live abroad for at least eight months a year? Then inform the municipality of your departure.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Nieuwkoop

Visiting address

Also useful

Last updated on 26 September 2022