Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for youth care for your child

Do you want to to apply for youth care (jeugdhulp) for your child? For example, because your child needs extra care or support? You can apply for this at  your municipality. You can also contact a youth team (jeugdteam) directly. A youth team supports young people and their families when they need help with growing up and parenting.

This is how it works in your (future) place of residence

Your (future) place of residence falls under the Municipality of Winterswijk.

Youth care

Please note: you can only apply for youth support if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

The Sociaal Team (Social Team) at De Post offers help and advice on care, welfare, upbringing and growing children. Please call +31 543 543 960 between 9:00 and 12:00 on workdays to make an appointment with a professional of the Sociaal Team. You will discuss together what kind of care you need.

The Ondersteuningsteam (Support Team) offers help to juveniles and/or their parents and arranges short-term aid and support. The Team helps children and young people from the age of 0 to 23 who live in Winterswijk. If needed, the Team offers second-line youth care services. Call + 31 88 811 81 18.

Contracted care providers

You can make use of the care purchased by the municipality. To do so, you need a referral from the youth counsellor, your GP, a certified institution or a medical specialist, such as a paediatrician. Please consult for a list of the providers of specialist youth support with which the municipality has concluded a contract.


For more information, please contact:

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Winterswijk

Visiting address

Last updated on 26 September 2022