Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for youth care for your child

Do you want to to apply for youth care (jeugdhulp) for your child? For example, because your child needs extra care or support? You can apply for this at  your municipality. You can also contact a youth team (jeugdteam) directly. A youth team supports young people and their families when they need help with growing up and parenting.

This is how it works in your (future) place of residence

Your (future) place of residence falls under the Municipality of Midden-Delfland.

Youth support

Children in the Netherlands must be able to grow up as healthy and safe as possible. Parents and carers are primarily responsible for the upbringing and care of their children. If the circumstances are such that they need help with this, they can call on youth assistance. Youth assistance is for children up to 18 years (and in certain cases up to 23 years). For youth assistance and support in raising your children, you can contact your municipality. The municipality gives advice about youth care and ensures access to youth care.

Do you have a child for whom you need help, care or support? Then report this to the municipality. Together with you, the Social Team will look at which youth care your child can receive. 

How does it work?

The municipality can offer youth assistance in two ways: on its own initiative or after a report. When you make a report to the municipality, you come into contact with the Social Team. Various professionals work in this Team and they map out the situation around your child. Together with you and your child, the Social Team looks at which solution best suits the situation. They will draw up a support plan together with you.

The Social Team can be reached via the general telephone number of the municipality of Midden-Delfland: 015-3804111, or via the online contact form.


Access to youth care is via the Social Team. This can be individual guidance or group guidance. Guidance can also focus on people in your child's environment. Guidance is often part of a coherent package of help. This sometimes includes personal care and stay in an institution. Assistance with transport is also possible. For example, if your child has to travel to day care at another location.

The Social Team can use care provided by purchased organizations (care in kind) or allocate the care in the form of a personal budget. You can then purchase the guidance for your child yourself at the institution of your choice.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Midden-Delfland

Visiting address

Last updated on 26 September 2022