Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for youth care for your child

Do you want to to apply for youth care (jeugdhulp) for your child? For example, because your child needs extra care or support? You can apply for this at  your municipality. You can also contact a youth team (jeugdteam) directly. A youth team supports young people and their families when they need help with growing up and parenting.

This is how it works in your (future) place of residence

Your (future) place of residence falls under the Municipality of Hof van Twente.

Municipality of Hof van Twente: Applying for youth care for your child

Below you can read how you can submit an application for youth assistance to the municipality of Hof van Twente.

NB. You can only apply for youth assistance if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

1. Help in your immediate vicinity?

If your child needs help, it is best to first look in his or her familiar environment to see if help can be offered. Consider, for example, help from a grandpa or grandma, a teacher or counselor at school, or someone else you trust. If it is not possible to solve the problems in this way, there may be an organization in Hof van Twente that can help.

2. Help from an organization in Hof van Twente

If the problems are too big and it is not possible to offer your child help within the familiar home situation, organizations such as Salut, Loes or the GGDTwente can help you. Salut is a welfare organization in Hof van Twente. There you will find a wide range of help for children and young people. Loes offers help with your child's upbringing. The school doctors work together within the GGD and you can go to them for questions about your child's health. Do you find it difficult to determine which organization you should contact? Then ask the municipality's Care (youth) team for help (telephone 0547 – 858585).

3. Your application to the municipality

If you have not been able to ask for help in your immediate vicinity or via one of the organizations mentioned above (under 2 above), you can request help from the municipality of Hof van Twente. Such a request for help works as follows:


An application will be processed if you, as a parent, ask for help yourself. Others can only register children with the municipality if the parents are aware and willing to cooperate. If it is not entirely clear where the care needs lie and which help is appropriate and possible, you can always ask us for advice.

If you have any questions, please contact the Care (youth) team. We discuss your questions/registration within the team on a weekly basis and see whether the use of a director/consultant is necessary. You can contact us from Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on telephone number 0547-858585. If you are not yet receiving help, you can fill in an application form. If you are already receiving help (from an indication or decision), and this will soon expire, you can also complete the application form. We ask you to send this form at least 8 weeks before the end date of the indication or decision.

Home visit

If a director/consultant is deployed, a home visit will be made for a new application. A support plan is then drawn up together with the family. With that plan, all questions are answered and it is determined whether care or help is needed. The director/consultant will check whether the organizations mentioned above under 2 can help you. If this is not possible, you will receive a decision for more specialized care. This is called 'indicated assistance'.

Contracted providers

The municipality of Hof van Twente has a contract with a number of youth care providers. We call this youth care 'care in kind' (ZIN). This means that the municipality arranges and pays for this youth assistance. Sometimes other care providers offer care in kind. Then ask if they have a contract with one of the providers on the list of the municipality of Hof van Twente.

The “Regulation Youth Assistance Hof van Twente” states the facilities and conditions to qualify for this.

Apply for a personal budget

In certain cases you can get a personal budget (PGB). This allows you to purchase specific help from the institution of your choice.

For more information about payment of a PGB, please click on this link.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Hof van Twente

Last updated on 26 September 2022