Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for youth care for your child

Do you want to to apply for youth care (jeugdhulp) for your child? For example, because your child needs extra care or support? You can apply for this at  your municipality. You can also contact a youth team (jeugdteam) directly. A youth team supports young people and their families when they need help with growing up and parenting.

This is how it works in your (future) place of residence

Your (future) place of residence falls under the Municipality of Goeree-Overflakkee.

Municipality of Goeree-Overflakkee: Applying for youth care for your child

Youth mental health care is mental health care for children up to the age of 18. These are children who have psychological problems that prevent them from developing well. For example, due to autism, ADHD, dyslexia, addiction or depression. Youth mental health care is aimed at remedying psychological problems or preventing them from getting worse.


The institutions for mental healthcare can offer treatments at home or on location, for example at a school. Sometimes this also happens in a clinic. For example, by having your child undergo treatment in the clinic during the day. Or by admitting your child to the clinic for a certain amount of time. In consultation with the TJG, you can also have your child follow a course. This is especially suitable for children with mild psychological problems. All costs for youth mental health care (up to the age of 18) are paid by the municipality.

The municipality can also give you a personal budget. You can then purchase the help for your child yourself at the institution of your choice.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Goeree-Overflakkee

Visiting address

Last updated on 26 September 2022