Netherlands Worldwide

Applying to get married in the Netherlands

Are you planning to get married? If you intend to get married, you must notify the municipality of this at least 2 weeks and not more than 1 year before the wedding.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Marriage and registered partnership

If you want to marry (marry) or enter into a registered partnership, you can choose in which municipality you do this. You can get married or enter into a registered partnership. The costs and rules are the same. Where further reference is made to 'marriage and marriage', you can also read 'registered partnership'.

Getting married in Culemborg

We recommend that you make an appointment with the municipality in good time. Before you can get married, you must report your intended marriage in the municipality where you want to get married.

If neither you nor your partner live in the Netherlands, you must give notice of your marriage in the municipality of Den Haag (The Hague). You can find more information on how to register a marriage for Dutch citizens living outside the Netherlands at the website.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Culemborg

Last updated on 21 September 2022