Do you receive government financial support for your tertiary or secondary education? Are you unable to earn extra income due to a chronic illness or disability? Then you may be eligible for study benefit (studietoeslag) from your municipality.
All municipalities must pay an agreed minimum amount of study benefit to students with a medical disability. The amount of study benefit may differ from one municipality to another (in Dutch).
In all cases, the following conditions must be met to be eligible to receive study benefit:
- you receive student finance (studiefinanciering) as a tertiary student or a basic allowance (basistoelage) for secondary students;
- you cannot earn extra income alongside your studies because of your disability.
- you are not entitled to the Wajong benefit
All the conditions can be found on the website of the municipality where you are registered. If you have any questions about your situation, please contact the municipality.
You can apply for study benefit at the municipality where you live, regardless of where you are studying. Find out how to apply on your municipality’s website.
This is how it works in your (future) place of residence
Municipality of Zeist: Applying for study benefit for students with a disability
Please note: you can apply for a studietoeslag (study benefit) only if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.
The following addiotonal conditions apply:
- You receive student finance in accorance with the Wet op de studiefinanciering – WSF (Student Finance Act). Or an allowance in accordance with the Wet tegemoetkoming onderwijsbijdrage en schoolkosten – WTOS (Fees and Educational Expenses (Allowances) Act).
- You cannot earn income in addition to your studies due to a structural medical limitation. If it is necessary or if we see reason to do so, we will have this determined by an expert.
Complete the form on the website of the Regionale Sociale Dienst Kromme Rijn Heuvelrug (RSD) (Social Service).
Send the completed form, with supporting documents, by email to backofficePRO@rsdkrh.nl. Or by post to: Regionale Sociale Dienst Kromme Rijn Heuvelrug, Team Inkomen, Postbus 13, 3700 AA Zeist.
You must upload or attach the following documents to the application form:
- A copy of a valid identity document: passport, identity card or verblijfsvergunning (residence permit) (not a driving licence).
- A letter from the Dienst Uitvoering Onderwijs – DUO (education implementation service) confirming that student finance is being provided. That can be based on either the WSF (Student Finance Act) or the Education Contribution and School Expenses Allowance Act (WTOS).
- A copy of a document showing that you are unable to earn income in addition to your study due to a structural medical limitation (for example, a statement from the UWV).
- A copy or download of a bank statement specifying the name of the account and the account number into which the allowance will be deposited.
You must reapply for study benefit for each new school year.
Study benefit amounts
The amount of the study benefit depends on your age. These are the statutory amounts per month (2022):
- 21 years of age and over: € 307.00
- 20 years of age: € 246.00
- 19 years of age: € 185.00
- 18 years of age: € 154.00
- 17 years of age: € 122.00
- 16 years of age: € 106.00
- 15 years of age: € 93.00
You will receive a letter informing you of the outcome within 8 weeks of your application. Is your application incomplete or does the investigation take more time? Then the processing can take longer than 8 weeks.
Het Rond 1
8:30 - 12:30
12:30 - 17:00
8:30 - 17.00
12:30 - 17:00
8:30 - 12:30