If you have a low income and it is impossible for you to pay exceptional and unexpected costs, you may be entitled to extra financial support from the municipality. This is called special social assistance (bijzondere bijstand).
Special social assistance is subject to the following conditions among others:
- you are lawfully living and staying in the Netherlands.
- you do not have enough income and funds to pay the costs yourself.
- you are at least 18 years old.
- you have expenses due to an exceptional or urgent situation, such as surgery or moving house.
- you cannot cover the costs in any other way.;
Your municipality can tell you what other conditions apply in your situation.
This is how it works for you
In the municipality of Opsterland, the product Applying for special assistance falls under the product Applying for social assistance.Go to Applying for social assistance
Contact details are not yet available for your municipality.
Questions about this topic?
Contact the Public Information Service