Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for special social assistance

If you have a low income and it is impossible for you to pay exceptional and unexpected costs, you may be entitled to extra financial support from the municipality. This is called special social assistance (bijzondere bijstand).

This is how it works in your (future) place of residence

Your (future) place of residence falls under the Municipality of Hilversum.

Special wellfare

Due to a special situation you have necessary costs that you cannot pay. These costs cannot be reimbursed through insurance or any other arrangement. Then you can apply for special assistance. You do not need to have social assistance benefit for this.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Hilversum

Last updated on 21 September 2022