Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for special social assistance

If you have a low income and it is impossible for you to pay exceptional and unexpected costs, you may be entitled to extra financial support from the municipality. This is called special social assistance (bijzondere bijstand).

This is how it works in your (future) place of residence

Your (future) place of residence falls under the Municipality of Barneveld.

Municipality of Barneveld: Applying for special social assistance

Please note: you can apply for bijzondere bijstand (special social assistance) only if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

  • Special assistance is a benefit with which you pay special and unexpected costs.
  • Another agency does not (partly) reimburse these costs.
  • You live in the municipality of Barneveld and are 18 years or older.
  • You receive a social assistance benefit or your income does not exceed 110% of the social assistance standard.
  • Your application must be submitted within 3 months after the costs have been incurred.
  • Make an appointment with the municipality via +31 342 495 902

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Barneveld

Last updated on 21 September 2022