Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for a personal budget (PGB)

If you need care or nursing due to illness or disability, or you need help at home, you may be eligible for a personal budget (persoonsgebonden budget – PGB). You can use this money to pay for your care needs. For example, you can hire someone to help you with your shopping or clean your house, or you can arrange for youth care services for your child.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Personal budget

With a personal budget (pgb) you can arrange the care or support you need yourself. For more information, contact the municipality or the Social Insurance Bank (SVB).


The personal budget (pgb) is an amount that you can spend on care or support yourself. For example, you choose who you hire for help with the household. This can be a professional, but also a neighbor or a family member. For example, with a PGB you can also buy a different stairlift or scooter than the one you get from the municipality. Or you can purchase youth care with a PGB.

There are 4 types of PGB, for care and support from:

  • youth care
  • Social Support Act (Wmo)
  • Long-term Care Act (Wlz)
  • Health Insurance Act (Zvw)

You will not receive the contribution on your bank account. You therefore do not pay the care providers yourself. You instruct the Social Insurance Bank (SVB) to pay your care providers. You must keep the administration of the care that you have purchased. The SVB pays health insurers on the basis of an invoice, a timesheet or a monthly payment.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Goeree-Overflakkee

Visiting address