Do you live in an area where you have to pay to park your car or other vehicle? You can apply to the municipality for a residents’ parking permit (parkeervergunning voor bewoners). If you have a residents' parking permit, you do not have to pay for parking at the parking meter or via a parking app.
A parking permit is registered to a specified vehicle registration number. If you have more than 1 car or other vehicle, you must apply for a separate parking permit for each vehicle.
This is how it works for you
Here is some information from your municipality.
Parking permit application or change
In the Binnenstad, Krommerijnder and the Blauwe Pannen, you may only park if you hold a parking permit.
Do you live one in of these areas?
And don't have your own parking? You may be entitled to a parking permit.
As a resident, when do you qualify for a parking permit?
- You are registered at an address in the downtown area. Only one parking permit is issued per address.
- You are the owner of the car.
- You do not have your own parking (e.g., a parking space or garage) within 300 meters of your residence.
Are you not the owner of the car?
If so, you will need an employer's statement.
Do you have 2 cars?
- A parking permit certificate may have a maximum of 2 license plates.
- Please note that you will only receive 1 parking permit certificate.
- So only 1 car at a time can be parked in the permit holder area.
You can apply for a parking permit online. To do so, log in with your DigiD.
Do you wish to come to the municipality to apply for a parking permit? If so, make an appointment via +31 343 595 595.
You pay a fee for this service.
- A parking permit costs: € 84.
For more information, contact the municipality.