Applying for a parking permit
Do you live in an area where you have to pay to park your car or other vehicle? You can apply to the municipality for a residents’ parking permit (parkeervergunning voor bewoners). If you have a residents' parking permit, you do not have to pay for parking at the parking meter or via a parking app.
A parking permit is registered to a specified vehicle registration number. If you have more than 1 car or other vehicle, you must apply for a separate parking permit for each vehicle.
Contact your municipality to apply for a parking permit.
This is how it works for you
Here is some information from your municipality.
Parking permit residents
If you live in a paid parking area, you can apply for a parking permit. We call this a resident permit. The costs vary by area. You apply for a parking permit via the Digital Parking Desk. You need your DigiD for this.
- You are registered at the address for which you are applying for the parking permit
- You do not have your own parking space, such as a parking space on your own property (driveway, carport) or a parking garage (garage box, parking space in the building or garage that belongs to the house/residential complex)
- The registration number of the car is in your name
- For a lease car or company car, you must enclose a copy of the lease contract and a statement from the lease company or employer. This states that you are the regular driver of this car. This is called a driver's statement
- The vehicle is no longer than 6 meters or higher than 2,40 meters
You can apply for a parking permit via the Digital Parking Desk
- You need your DigiD and registration number for this
- For a lease car or company car, you must enclose a copy of the lease contract and a statement from the lease company or employer (driver's statement)
- You pay for the permit immediately via iDeal
Request at the counter
If you do not want to apply for the permit online, you can go to the desk in the Municipal Office. You have to make an appointment.
- You can only apply for the permit if the registration number of the car is in your name
- You pay at the appointment
Take to appointment
- License plate of your vehicle
- Card or cash
Questions about this topic?
Contact the Municipality of Hilversum