Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for an environmental permit for an entrance and exit driveway to a provincial road

Do you want to make an entrance and exit driveway to a provincial road from your property? For example, because otherwise you will not be able to access your house. Then you will need an environmental permit. You can apply for the environmental permit online (in Dutch) via Omgevingsloket Online (OLO), the environment portal.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your province.

Private road connecting to a provincial road

If you are planning to construct a private entrance road leading to a provincial road, you need planning permission in the form of an ‘all-in-one permit for physical aspects’ (omgevingsvergunning). You can apply for this permit via the online permitting services desk (Omgevingsloket online).

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Province of Noord-Holland

Visiting address

Last updated on 2 June 2023