Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for an Attestatie de vita (certificate of life) in the Netherlands

Does an organisation outside the Netherlands (e.g. a pension fund) need proof that you are alive? Then you need an Attestatie de vita (certificate of life). You can apply for this at your municipality.

This is how it works in your (future) place of residence

Your (future) place of residence falls under the Municipality of Nijmegen.

Certificate of life and certificate of existence

You can apply for both certificates at the municipality where you live and are registered. Make an appointment to apply for each of the certificates.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Nijmegen

Visiting addresses

Last updated on 22 September 2022