Applying for an affordable housing permit
Do you want to rent affordable, social housing? In some municipalities you need anaffordable housing permit (huisvestingsvergunning) for this. Check with your municipality whether this applies in your municipality. If necessary, apply to your municipality for the affordable housing permit.
The type of housing available in the Netherlands includes affordable social housing, as well as more expensive housing in the private sector. However, Dutch municipalities make it a priority that low-cost social housing is available to tenants on a low income. That is why many municipalities require potential social housing tenants to have an affordable housing permit. They do this, for example, if there is a shortage of affordable housing.
Affordable housing permit often not required when renting from a social housing housing association
Are you going to rent social housing from a housing corporation (woningbouwcorporatie)? Then in many municipalities you do not need an affordable housing permit, but in some you do. Check with your municipality.
Eligibility for an affordable housing permit
The eligibility conditions for an affordable housing permit differ depending on the municipality. Eligibility criteria may stipulate that:
- you work or study in the municipality or region;
- you already live (or have lived) in the municipality or region;
- the property matches your income and the size of your family.
Check with your municipality whether you need an affordable housing permit and what the eligibility requirements are. If the municipality requires you to have an affordable housing permit, you can apply for one at your municipality.
This is how it works for you
Here is some information from your municipality.
Are you going to rent subsidised housing in the municipality ? If so, you will need a huisvestingsvergunning (affordable housing permit).
- the basic rent of the housing is no more than € 763,47.per month.
Where do you apply for the housing permit?
- Do you rent from Viveste or the Woningbouwstichting Cothen? You request the permit from your own landlord.
- Are you renting from another landlord? You apply for the housing permit online at the municipality.
You pay a fee for this service.
- An affordable housing permit costs € 29,85
For more information, contact the municipality.
Questions about this topic?
Contact the Municipality of Wijk bij Duurstede