Residence permit lost, stolen or expired abroad

If you hold a valid residence permit for the Netherlands and it has been lost or stolen or has expired while you're abroad, you will need an entry visa to return to the Netherlands. How you apply for a visa depends on the country you are in.

You can only travel to the Netherlands if you are exempt from the EU entry ban. Please read the entry rules on

Select your country or region

Can’t find your country or region? Check in which language(s) the information for your country or region is available.