Registering a birth and acknowledging parentage of a child abroad

If your child is born outside the Netherlands, you must register the birth in that country. If you live in the Netherlands, you will need to register the foreign birth certificate in the Netherlands. You can acknowledge parentage of the child in the country of birth or in the Netherlands.