Renewing your Dutch nationality certificate in Slovakia
If you live in Slovakia and you are a Dutch national, you can renew your Dutch nationality certificate at a Dutch embassy or consulate-general.
- You have Dutch nationality.
- You are 18 years old or over.
- You have previously held a Dutch passport, ID card (valid or expired) or Dutch nationality certificate or were previously registered in a parent’s passport.
If your situation is different, select the appropriate option under Applying for a Dutch nationality certificate.
What documents do you need?
When you apply for a Dutch nationality certificate, you must provide several documents. For every document, you must provide the original and a photocopy. You may need to have the original legalised and translated. The rules vary by country.
If you are sending the documents by post, you must send legalised official copies.
You should provide all identity documents in your name. This includes foreign and expired documents. You do not need to bring expired documents which have already been cancelled (for instance by having a hole punched through them).
You should also provide a completed and signed Dutch nationality certificate application form (PDF, 55 KB) (in Dutch).
If you have another nationality in addition to Dutch nationality, and this is the first time you are renewing the certificate after turning 18, you will need to provide additional documents because of your dual nationality.
Proof of legal residence
You must provide proof of legal residence in the country where you live. This could be:
- a valid visa for the country where you live, and the documents that accompany it
- a valid residence permit for the country where you live
- proof of residence, if you live in the European Union, Liechtenstein, Norway, Iceland or Switzerland, such as:
- a certificate of registration at your municipality
- a bank statement or utility bill giving your address
- proof of payment of municipal taxes
How much will it cost?
For information about the cost of renewing a Dutch nationality certificate, see the overview of consular fees.
How long will it take?
The average processing time for applications is 3 weeks. If you are asked to provide additional documents, processing may take up to 8 weeks.
How will you receive the document?
You can collect the Dutch nationality certificate from a Dutch embassy or consulate-general in the region. In most cases, the document can also be sent by post.
Renewing your Dutch nationality certificate in this country or region
There is no additional information.