Benefits from the Netherlands

Continue receiving benefits abroad

Depending on your situation you may be able to continue receiving benefits abroad. This also depends on the type of benefit you receive. The Netherlands may also have special arrangements with the country where you live or work. On you can find general information on receiving your pension or benefits abroad (information in Dutch).

You can also ask the institution that pays out your benefits or pension.

Benefits paid out by the UWV

The Employee Insurance Agency (UWV) pays out unemployment benefits (WW), sickness benefits (Ziektewet) and incapacity benefits (WIA, WAO, Wajong, WAZ). Go to to find out whether you can receive your benefit abroad (information in Dutch).

War benefits

Do you live in Australia? Different kind of rules and regulations provide financial support to victims, and their next of kin, of the Second World War and the Bersiap period. Read more about these war benefits.