Certificate of legal capacity to marry

Are you a Dutch national wishing to marry in your country of residence? The authorities in that country may ask you to produce a certificate of legal capacity to marry. You apply for the certificate in the municipality where you live. The embassy or consulate can draw up this document (verklaring omtrent voorgenomen huwelijk) for you.