Advice to Dutch travellers in Australia
As you know the global developments of the COVID-19 virus are exceptional and ongoing, and local situation can change rapidly. To Dutch travelers currently staying in Australia we pass on the following advice, that may be helpful in your own personal consideration regarding your travel plans.
Need help returning to the Netherlands?
Dutch travellers abroad who are unable to arrange their return to the Netherlands because of the COVID-19 crisis can register on www.bijzonderbijstandbuitenland.nl The Dutch government and its partners in the travel and insurance sector will assist you.
- We urgently advise you to reconsider whether your stay in Australia is necessary. Also consider the diminishing possibilities to leave the country and the possibility of future measures by Australian authorities. Please contact your travel agency or airline to check your options. If there are any options, please use them;
- Please register at the Infoservice of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in The Hague so we can contact you if there are any relevant new developments. You can also register through the ‘BZ reisapp’.
- If you can’t leave the country (yet), make sure you organise accommodation where you can stay for a longer period of time. If applicable, coordinate with your travel agency.
- More information:
- 247 Call Centre of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in The Hague: +31 247247247. Please note that it’s busy, waiting time could be considerable.
- Measures taken in the Netherlands regarding the Corona virus
- Twitter Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Twitter@24/7 BZ
- Facebook Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Facebook Consulate-General of the Netherlands in Sydney
- Other useful links:
- Updates from the Australian Government via Whatsapp
- Download the app of the Australian Government for information regarding the COVID-19 situation in Australia
- IATA (International Air Transport Association):
- Travel advice from Australia to the Netherlands
- Travel advice from Netherlands to Australia (Dutch only)
- Australian travel restrictions: Australian Department of Home Affairs
- Health measures taken in Australia: Australian Department of Health
- Click here for information if your Australian visa is about to expire