Job opening: Consular Affairs Officer, Caracas, Venezuela
Looking for a job at the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Caracas? See our vacancy. The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Caracas, Venezuela, has a 38 hours per week vacancy for a Consular Affairs Officer. This job will be offered for a fixed term of 1 year, with a probationary period of two months.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Mr. Anne Rauwerda (Operational Manager), e-mail: CAR-HR@minbuza.nl
Application letters with resume, both in English, should be submitted via e-mail to: CAR-HR@minbuza.nl.
Closing date for applications: February 21st, 2020.
Starting date: April 1st, 2020.
The Consular Affairs Officer is primarily responsible for providing consular services as well as logistic clerical and administrative support. The function is performed approximately in a 65/35 ratio between the consular duties and other operational management duties.
RESULT AREAS AND RESULTS
- Providing administrative support in processing applications for travel documents, visas and authorizations for temporary stay;
- checking that documents are complete and entering information relating to applications in the various computerized systems;
- providing general, factual information and issuing guidelines and advice (orally and in writing) on applications for travel documents, visas and authorizations for temporary stay;
- administering the consular records by creating, organizing, storing, weeding and maintaining physical files and documents.
- The consular affairs officer is accountable to the Operational Manager for his/her approach to and the progress and quality of all his/her duties.
- The internal management clerical and procedural implementing regulations apply.
- The consular affairs officer takes decisions about collecting, organising, correcting and processing information and about allowing people, packages etc. into the mission.
- With third parties, to obtain and provide information on the content and progress of clerical processing of cases;
- With ministerial and inter-ministerial agencies/institutions (including the Consular Affairs and Migration Policy Department (DCV) and the Immigration and Naturalization Service (IND)), to provide or obtain further information;
- With third parties and visitors about visits, putting calls through, etc. to share information.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of internal clerical and procedural regulations relating to the area in question;
- practical knowledge of relevant local regulations and customs;
- understanding of internal clerical procedures, work instructions and formal rules on competence and procedures, as well as the organization’s duties, structure and way of working;
- skill in creating and keeping files;
- skill in using the relevant computerized and other consular systems;
- practical knowledge of the application of available aids;
- skill in dealing with clients.
The competences required for the job are the following:
- Work accurately
- Result orientation
- Stress resistance
LEVEL OF EDUCATION / ADDITIONAL TRAINING AND KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent level of the English language, oral as well as written
- Knowledge of the Dutch language, oral as well as written, serves as a recommendation
- Excellent computer skills such as Office, Outlook, and the ability to learn new programs fast
- Level of education post-secondary education
- A minimum of five years’ experience in an office environment
The staff of the Dutch diplomatic mission in Caracas consists of 12 staff members. The mission is located at the top floors of an office building in the relatively quiet neighborhood Altamira. In the second half of 2020 it is expected that the mission will move to a new location in a modern building, in the vicinity of the present location of the mission.
The successful candidate works for the Operational Management Department, which consists of seven staff members. The Operational Manager is the head of the Operational Management Department.
STAFF MEMBER PROFILE
The Dutch diplomatic mission is looking for a responsible and honest person who knows how to work independently but who is at the same time a team player, who works accurately and who finishes his/her tasks within the established deadlines. Someone with a hands-on mentality who likes to give other colleagues a helping hand if needed, and who understands that working for a diplomatic mission requires a certain level of confidentiality.
For further information about this vacancy please contact Mr. Anne Rauwerda, Operational Manager, e-mail: CAR-HR@minbuza.nl.