Apply for your Dutch passport in Halifax, NS, on September 18 or 19, 2019
On September 18 and 19, the ambassador of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, Henk van der Zwan, and several embassy staff members will pay a visit to Halifax, NS. In the context of this visit, you can apply for a Dutch passport or Dutch identity card (NIK) at The Westin Nova Scotian, 1181 Hollis Street.
How can you make an appointment?
- You can make an appointment via the online appointment system: please first choose “Ottawa”, applicant:1, then the product “Travel document at a location other than the embassy";
- Each person needs their own appointment. Carefully read the information in the appointment confirmation email you will receive;
- Are you getting the message "No dates available" when you want to book your appointment? This means all the timeslots have been filled. You will then need to book an appointment for an application at the embassy in Ottawa, at the consulate-general in Toronto or Vancouver; or at the VFS office in Edmonton, AB.;
- Make a personal checklist for each person at the page Applying for a passport or ID card if you live in Canada of our webesite. The checklist will mention the documents you will need to bring to the appointment. That includes a correct passport photo.
- Make sure to bring a photocopy of all original documents to the appointment.