Vacancy annoucement Embassy of the Netherlands Astana
Consular Affairs Officer/Receptionist/Telephone Operator
Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Astana
(40 hours per week)
The vacancy is for a Consular affairs officer/receptionist/telephonist at the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Astana.
The main duties include: 1) Consular services; 2) Reception services; 3) Telephone operator services, details as follows:
- Processing of requests to legalize documents;
- Enter visa applications in document registration systems and submit complete files to the back office;
- Carry out initial assessment of travel document applications, visas and authorisations for temporary stay, the assessment will involve compliance with statutory requirements and if the supporting documents are accurate and complete;
- Organise and assist applicants taking the civic integration exam;
- Keeping consular records by creating, organising, filing and maintaining digital files and documents;
- Assist Dutch persons in need in the resort of the Embassy;
- Liaise with the Honorary Consul in Bishkek on consular matters;
- Assess the relevance and urgency of incoming correspondence and, on his/her own initiative and at his/her own discretion, apprehend information that is needed in order to handle requests.
Reception and telephone operator services
- Reception of visitors and referring them to corresponding section / officer;
- Receive packages and goods and announce reception to addressee;
- Provide, upon request, general information to visitors;
- Purchase of stationary after authorization by OM (Operational Manager);
- Receive incoming calls and transfer calls correspondingly;
- Liaison officer with Business center management concerning office related issues (maintenance / security);
- Printing of name cards, invitations and brochures etc;
- Scanning all paper documents which are needed digitally.
- Assist with drafting and sending out note verbales;
- Assist with the preparations for seminars and events;
- Translation of documents,notes etc EN/RU/KZ
- Responsible for the logistics during incoming delegations;
- General administrative assistance: flight booking, hotel reservations, car rental, etc.
Bachelor degree or equivalent;
Fluency in both written and spoken English, Kazakh and Russian, good drafting skills in 3 languages;
Strong IT skills: good knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Excel, Word;
Social and communication skills in contact with clients.
Knowledge of general principles of policy concerning migration and consular affairs;
Knowledge of internal administrative and procedural regulations for the area of expertise.
Ability to work with others;
Ability to cope with stress.
The Dutch Embassy in Kazakhstan consists of an office in Astana and an office in Almaty. The office in Astana is shared with the Embassy of Belgium. Besides Kazakhstan, the Embassy is also accredited to Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan.
The Embassy team consists of three expatriate staff members and 11 locally engaged staff members. The Astana office is located on the 3rd floor of BC Renco, in a modern, efficient office.
The Consular Affairs Officer / Receptionist / Telephone Operator reports to the Deputy Head of Mission.
Conditions of employment:
Employee should have the Kazakhstani nationality;
Employee will receive a local contract through the Embassy on which the regulations of the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs for locally engaged staff apply;
Employee works 70% for the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands and 30% for the Belgium mission;
The gross start salary for this position is 314.717 Tenge per month including medical insurance and social contributions;
The position is full time (40 hours per week), with a fixed term contract for the duration of one year with a possibility to extend.
If you would like more information regarding the content of this position please contact Ms. Nora Dessing, Deputy Head of Mission in English at AST-AZ@minbuza.nl
The selection procedure consists of an interview.
Please send your CV (maximum 2 A4 pages) and a motivation letter (maximum 1 A4 page) before 17th January, 2018 to AST-AZ@minbuza.nl. Both documents should be in English with a file size of less than 1MB. Attachments should not be sent in ZIP or RAR format.
Only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. The successful applicant will be expected to start working as soon as possible.