Call for Proposals Human Rights Fund - deadline 24 January
The embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands has launched a Call for Proposals for the Human Rights Fund (HRF) 2019.
Topic: Promotion of Environmental Human Rights
Deadline: 24 January 2019 at 6 PM (local time)
Project budget: €25.000
Programme: Human Rights Fund (HRF)
Applicants: Local and international CSOs in Thailand
Location: Thailand (regional focus including Laos and Cambodia optional)
Human Rights Fund
The objective of the Human Rights Fund is to strengthen the role and position of civil society by giving a voice to those whose contribution is essential to the development of a country.
The embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands is issuing a call for proposals to CSO’s for projects relating to the protection and support of human rights defenders, especially those working on environmental rights policy advocacy, providing training on environmental law and capacity building.
Cross-cutting initiatives, with one or more themes below incorporated, are welcome:
- Equal rights for women, focused on political participation and empowerment.
- Freedom of expression, focused on advocacy, protection and an independent and nonpartisan media.
- Internet freedom, focused on respect for human rights online and/or improving the online freedom and safety of human rights defenders.
Organizations applying for funding must ensure that their proposals comply with the following baseline criteria:
- Eligible applicants are organizations working to promote and protect human rights in Thailand and endeavor to strengthen civil society in the area of environmental rights.
- Local and international independent, not-for-profit civil society organisations with legal personality that work in a result-oriented way.
- The proposed activities must aim at promoting human rights and strengthening civil society in Thailand, with additional regional focus including Cambodia and Laos as an option.
- The proposed activities must aim to strengthen the lobbying and advocacy capacity of local CSOs. The fund cannot be used to finance service delivery activities.
How to apply
Applicants are strongly encouraged to contact us in advance of submitting a proposal and discuss your ideas, initial contact by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org The deadline for the submission of proposals is 24 January 2019 at 6 PM (local time).Only applications that use the ‘Template Application Form’ will be considered. Applications must be sent to the following e-mail address: email@example.com