Vacancy Political and Cultural Affairs Officer
at the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Bratislava.
We are looking for an enthusiastic new colleague starting 1 April 2018. Do you meet the requirements and would you like to be part of our team? Then we invite you to apply!
The position concerns the temporary replacement of a colleague on maternity leave for a period of maximum two years). The job combines political (rule of law) with cultural work and is for 30 hours (four days) per week, not necessarily limited to regular office hours. The position includes occasional travelling to the Netherlands and in the region. The salary is by agreement and depending on experience.
We are looking for a flexible, proactive and responsible colleague, who is a team player and has good networking skills. He or she has a keen eye for political, rule of law and cultural trends and is creative in combining cultural activities with diplomacy.
The Embassy’s team consists of two Dutch diplomats and seven local staff members, devoted to modern diplomacy. They work together for the common good of Dutch-Slovak relations. The Embassy has a policy team (of which the political/cultural officer is a member), dealing with politics, economy, culture and public diplomacy. Team spirit is a key value. The working environment is open, informal, trusting and focused on achieving results.
Main responsibilities include:
- Monitor and report on news in the field of rule of law, as well as cultural news;
- Write reports on specific rule of law and cultural issues;
- Organise activities that foster (cultural) ties between Slovakia and the Netherlands;
- Establish and maintain a good network in the rule of law and cultural sector;
- Administer and make effective use of funds for projects in the field of culture;
- Participate in seminars, conferences and briefings;
- Contribute to the Embassy’s website and social media activities.
- Knowledge of the domestic political situation
- Knowledge of the Slovak legal system
- Knowledge of and affinity with the Slovak and Dutch cultural scene
- Good research and writing abilities
- Excellent networking capacities
- Strong command of the Slovak and English languages, both spoken and in writing
- Command of the Dutch language is a plus
- Result-oriented and flexible team player
- Able to travel when necessary
Please send your motivation letter in English together with your English CV and letter(s) of recommendation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday 26 January 2018. For further information please contact Mr. Martijn Lambarts, Deputy Head of Mission, phone: +421 2 5710 0309.